The core objective of the assignment is to pilot the implementation activities identified in the sector development plan for integrating the Rio Conventions in Bangladesh which aims to enhance the productivity of the forest and to strengthen awareness and skills of the community for effectively managing biophysical and aquatic diversity of the Hakuluki Hoar.
- Engage the community through improved life-skills practices which will be in line with the sector development plan of the Rio Conventions.
- Support to the existing participatory management e.g. Village Conservation Group (VCV) by enhancing the productivity of land, protection of the environment, development of eco-tourism, advanced skills building.
- Strengthen perception and behaviors of the VCG toward the Rio Conventions and the obligations of United Nations Convention on Biological Diversity (UNCBD), United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC), and United Nations Convention to Combat Desertification (UNCCD) applicable for the haor areas.
- Make efficient communication with the central and local government by strengthening their skills on the Rio Conventions and providing active assistance in day-to-day implementations.
- Make certain the visible outcomes of the implementation activities identified in the sector development plan at the local level within the time-bound.