The overall purpose of the project was to collect baseline data and to develop a monitoring protocol for its subsequent monitoring with a view to tracking the changes in local ecology at the level of species, community, and ecosystem. Specifically, the following were the major activities of the project.
- Conduct a detailed faunal and floral survey, both qualitative and quantitative
- Identify indicators for monitoring
- Develop a detailed methodology for monitoring
- Perform monitoring of the indicators
- Develop a database for data recording and processing