Nature Conservation Management (NACOM)
Vacancy announcement for Climate-Resilient Ecosystems and Livelihoods (CREL) Project
Climate-Resilient Ecosystems and Livelihoods (CREL) Project is a United States Agency for International Development (USAID) funded project in Bangladesh. CREL project is build upon the achievements and experiences of Integrated Protected Area Co-management (IPAC) Project. The CREL goal is to scale up and adapt successful co-management models to conserve ecosystems and protected areas (PAs), improve governance of natural resources and biodiversity, and increase resilience to climate change through improved planning and livelihoods diversification. Winrock International was awarded Cooperative Agreement No. AID-388-A-12-00007 for the Bangladesh Climate-Resilient Ecosystems and Livelihoods (CREL) Project. A team of national and international partners will work with Winrock International for implementing the project in partnership with Government of Bangladesh (GOB). The project life extends from October 1, 2012 for a period of 5 years.
NACOM is a field implementation partner of CREL project and responsible for implementation of CREL activities in Cox/s Bazar Region, mainly in 7 protected areas of the Forest Department and Department of Environment in the southeaster part of the country. NACOM is a national level non-government pioneer pro-environment organization in Bangladesh and works exclusively in the areas of biodiversity conservation, climate change adaptation, resource co-management, etc. NACOM has strong presence in the southeaster parts of Bangladesh.
NACOM invites application from Bangladeshi individuals for immediate appointment in the following positions to work for the CREL Project.
1. Name of the Position: Site Officer
No. of Vacancy : 01
Job Description / Responsibility
- The incumbent will be the site level leader (Protected Area –PA level) and be responsible for overall coordination for the implementation of the site level activities;
- Organizing events, training, workshops, planning and designing field activities
- Maintain liaison and coordinate with Climate Resilience Ecosystem and Livelihood (CREL) personnel, local GoB partners, local governments, Upazila, Union Parishad level administration
- Technical support and oversight of CREL activities in and around the assigned PA areas; supervision and oversight of technical guidance to Site Facilitators working in the PA sites designated for supporting of CREL activities at the field level;
- Administrative and financial management at the site level etc. and any other activities as assigned by the authority.
Job Nature: Full-time
Masters in any related disciplines from any recognized university (preference will be given to candidate to Forestry, Environmental Science, Geography, Zoology, Botany, Agriculture degree)
- 8 to 10 year(s)
- The applicants should have experience in the following area(s):
- Proven experiences in natural resource management and climate change project implementation.
- Supervise multi disciplinary team.
- Communication/Public Relation/Media, Supervision, Monitoring, Project implementation
Additional Job Requirements
Sound computer literacy and motor bike driving license.
Salary Range – 40,000 – 41,000
Other Benefits : As per project rules
Job Location: Cox's Bazar
If you think you have the right skills for the above mentioned positions, please send your CV, name of two referees, complete USAID 1420 form along with two recent passport size photographs and photocopy of all academic & experience certificate to head, Human Resource, Nature Conservation Management (NACOM), Flat C5 & D2, House No. 20-21, Road No.12, Block-F, Niketan Housing Society, Ghulshan-1, Dhaka-1212, Bangladesh latest within 03 June, 2015 marking the position applied for on the envelop. Candidate may also apply through email to email@example.com. Due to large number of applications received, only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Application deadline: June 03, 2015
- Only the short listed applicants will be called for interview
- No TA/DA are permissible for attending the interview
- Women are specially encouraged to apply
Nature Conservation Management (NACOM), Flat C5 & D2, House No. 20-21, Road No.12, Block-F, Niketan Housing Society, Ghulshan-1, Dhaka-1212, Bangladesh, web: www.nacom.org