Nature Conservation Management (NACOM)
Vacancy announcement for Climate-Resilient Ecosystems and Livelihoods (CREL) Project
Climate-Resilient Ecosystems and Livelihoods (CREL) Project is a United States Agency for International Development (USAID) funded project in Bangladesh. CREL project is build upon the achievements and experiences of Integrated Protected Area Co-management (IPAC) Project. The CREL goal is to scale up and adapt successful co-management models to conserve ecosystems and protected areas (PAs), improve governance of natural resources and biodiversity, and increase resilience to climate change through improved planning and livelihoods diversification. Winrock International was awarded Cooperative Agreement No. AID-388-A-12-00007 for the Bangladesh Climate-Resilient Ecosystems and Livelihoods (CREL) Project. A team of national and international partners will work with Winrock International for implementing the project in partnership with Government of Bangladesh (GOB). The project life extends from October 1, 2012 for a period of 5 years.
NACOM is a field implementation partner of CREL project and responsible for implementation of CREL activities in Cox/s Bazar Region, mainly in 7 protected areas of the Forest Department and Department of Environment in the southeaster part of the country. NACOM is a national level non-government pioneer pro-environment organization in Bangladesh and works exclusively in the areas of biodiversity conservation, climate change adaptation, resource co-management, etc. NACOM has strong presence in the southeaster parts of Bangladesh.
NACOM invites application from Bangladeshi individuals for immediate appointment in the following positions to work for the CREL Project.
1. Name of position: NRM Facilitator
No. of Vacancies: 01
Job Description / Responsibility:
- Supporting and guiding the effective implementation of Climate Resilience Ecosystem and Livelihood (CREL) activities in and around his/her assigned sites/areas.
- Providing assistance to Site Officer in organizing events, training, workshops, planning and designing field activities
- Supervision and oversight of technical guidance to local organizations engaged in implementing activities supported by CREL.
- Collaboration in the monitoring and reporting of achievements of the planned performance targets, results and program accomplishments in and around the designated protected areas.
- Ensuring effective engagement and communication with key stakeholders of the CREL program, including local government authorities and technical departments, NGOs and civil society, community-based organizations and their leadership with a view towards their mobilization and contribution to the goals of CREL.
- And any other activities assigned by the authority.
Job Nature: Full-time
Academic qualifications: Masters in Biological science or Bachelor degree with highly experiences in relevant fields.
Work/Professional experiences: 3-5 years work experiences in NRM, climate change and biodiversity conservation projects. Must have adequate working experiences with local communities.
Additional Job Requirements:
Sound computer literacy and motor bike driving license.
Salary Range: TK.25000 – 27000 per month.
Other Benefits : As per project rules
Job Location: Teknaf, Cox's Bazar
If you think you have the right skills for the above mentioned positions, please send your CV, name of two referees, complete USAID 1420 form along with two recent passport size photographs and photocopy of all academic & experience certificate to head, Human Resource, Nature Conservation Management (NACOM), Flat C5 & D2, House No. 20-21, Road No.12, Block-F, Niketan Housing Society, Ghulshan-1, Dhaka-1212, Bangladesh latest within 03 June, 2015 marking the position applied for on the envelop. Candidate may also apply through email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Due to large number of applications received, only short listed candidates will be contacted.
- Application deadline: June 03, 2015
- Only the short listed applicants will be called for interview
- No TA/DA are permissible for attending the interview
- Women are specially encouraged to apply
Nature Conservation Management (NACOM), Flat C5 & D2, House No. 20-21, Road No.12, Block-F, Niketan Housing Society, Ghulshan-1, Dhaka-1212, Bangladesh, web: www.nacom.org